Summer 2009 Retreat

Summer 2009 Retreat

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Journal #14- Alternate Pedagogies (Ashmi)



I feel like my education has revolved around the classroom. Teachers giving the same standard test, over and over. I think this comic embodies how I feel about my education. I know teachers want students to be innovative and independent, but the way they educate is not conducive to accomplishing this. Students are confined to books and classrooms which does not provide them with the skills they need in the real world. I took a botany class in high school where I was able to grow my garden and conduct experiments with my own vegetables. I was able to get hands on experience which provided me with valuable skills that I can now use for the rest of my life. I think that teachers need to start shifting towards hands on learning and working in different environments because this actually allows students to be creative and innovative. It gives students a break from the repetitive routine in classrooms and allows them to gain experience and new perspectives on their education.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your insight and ideas:) and the comic was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a great tips on some learning management system in a good education

    ReplyDelete